This chemical is a fluorophore, containing many aromatic groups and having the ability to absorb light and re-emit a new photon (fluorescence). There are other types of fluorescence that allow re-emission of light at higher energies or even the same energy but in this case the re-emitted light is at a lower energy. Because it is under a UV light, it absorbs the UV and the light that it re-emits will be visible to human eyes. Sadly, what we can see is only a very narrow band of the spectrum, still pretty awesome!
Amazing tree house.
“We have a routine every time we get on a bus. We each tell the driver a joke.
‘What happens if you run in front of a bus?’
‘You get run down.’
Then I say:
‘What happens if you run behind a bus?’
‘You get exhausted.’
One time we made a lady laugh so hard that it sent the entire bus into a laughter meditation.”
1. Work on remembering peoples’ names.
2. Make an effort to stay in touch with people – even if it’s only “liking” an occasional photo on facebook, sending a 2 line email, or sending a Christmas card.
3. Develop and improve your listening skills. This includes not interrupting when others are speaking, not trying to control the conversation, and showing a respectful, genuine interest in the speaker.
4. Hold the door for others, and let others out first (in elevators, on trains and buses etc.)
5. When you’re writing an email, keep it brief and to the point. Nobody wants to read a long, boring essay.
Tomasz Alen Kopera